Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Monday, March 21, 2011

Spirit/Mind: baking cookies for loved ones

When you take the time to do something for others - it heals you spiritually. When you are down, it is a wonderful "lifter" to bake cookies and take them to someone who would really appreciate them. I have been making different versions of chocolate chip cookies and my husband made a request for chocolate cookies with white chips. I did a couple of versions and I want to share the one that turned out the best. It is a brownie-like cookie - that is only 4 points per cookie (weight watchers plus).
Preheat oven to 375degrees, mix 1 cup of softened butter with 3/4c. brown sugar and 3/4c. sugar. Then add 2 eggs and 1tsp. of vanilla to mix.



Melt 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate. Mix into rest of cookie batter. Beat in 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir in 12 ounces white morsels.


scoop dough onto parchment paper-covered cookie sheet and bake for 10min.


Yummy!! this is how I served it to my teenaged sons and my hubby too. To give them this treat filled up my spirit!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment