Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spirit: prayer answered in a way that is not expected

Today I have a story about a rainy day. We have had quite a lot of them in the South this year. We have endured not just rainy days, but some storms as well; scary storms, soaking storms, windy storms and even some surrounding counties have encountered tornadoes. 
Back in January, there was a normal school day going on and the weather information was telling us that a big storm was coming our way and was going to have heavy downpours with lightening, high winds etc. This was slated to hit about the time the school buses were to arrive and take the kids safely home. However, I am on car rider duty every day and I stand out in the weather (whatever it might be) for approximately 30 min.s. Needless to say, I was dreading getting drenched and had on tennis shoes and long sweat pants that day (I did have an umbrella but knew from previous times that I would be completely soaked). Plus, the lightening always is unpleasant :-(
I started to pray about it (I am learning to pray for everything). I asked God to please move the storm to later, after all the kids were safely home or on their way home.I just poured out my heart and told God how much I did not want to be out in that storm and I felt like I was believing with all my might that God was in control and could so choose to grant this request, so why not ask? Not only that but I have been recently exposed to the idea that it is a matter of honor to take all my concerns to the Lord our Savior. 
Well, something so awesome happened that afternoon: I felt as if I was being told by God that my prayer was going to be answered. It was a happy feeling of confidence that we would avoid the drenching rains. I can't explain it but it was definitely spiritual. Then as the skies were darkening at the end of the school day - doubt crept in... I just knew I was being foolish. 
All of a sudden at 3pm (time to start car rider pick-up) there was an announcement that for the first and only time this school year that car riders would be picked up in the front of the school ahead of the buses --- under a huge awning, and then I was told that I would simply be stationed under the awning and walking students to their automobiles at the end of of the awning!!!!!!!!! I was going to be dry and out of the storm. I really did not have time to let it all sink in while the chaos of directing parents and students was taking place, but on the drive home I was overwhelmed and learned a valuable lesson. 
You see, God had answered my prayer in a way that I had not anticipated. He didn't move the storm but he kept me out of it!!!!! Amazing grace! I have no doubts that some prayers get answered that we cast off as coincidence. God is so much smarter than we can fathom and I want to close with this bible verse that attests to the power of prayer (spoken from our Savior's lips) ; It is about the fig tree withering. Jesus said to the tree "may you never bear fruit again" upon finding it fruitless and immediately the tree withered. The disciples asked how did the tree wither so quickly and Matthew 21:21-22 I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, Go throw yourself into the sea and it will be done. If  you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.    Here is the thing your prayer might not be answered now or in the way you expected but with faith you can believe that it will be answered in some way. Have a glorious day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment