Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Body: Getting back on track

Runner's WorldImage via Wikipedia
After a recent scare (my heart rate did not recover for 15-20 minutes) during a running work-out, I have not been the same. I have not ran since and really haven't had a hard, heart-pumping work-out since either. I am partially afraid but it has been 2 weeks and I know that I am feeling awful and missing my sweaty stress-reducing work-out sessions. It is time to get over it!! I need to ease into it and keep telling myself how much better I will feel.

2 other issues for me are food and alcohol consumption.
I am accepting that my thought patterns are changing but are not where they ought to be when concerning these 2 issues.
I want to eat healthier and (alcohol won't be an issue through the week) and take care of my body better because I am feeling a weight gain as well. My clothes are a little more snug and I am in general feeling heavier (if you know the feeling yourself - than you can relate).

So what follows is a tentative plan for the week that lies ahead:
(I am a firm believer in "failure to plan is a plan to fail")

2 comments:

  1. I just started a similar plan and completed my first work out at 4:30 this morning. I felt great... My biggest issue is reminding myself that I am not where my bodies needs to be like when I was working out before. Good luck on your new game plan. I look forward to seeing your progress... and I am walking along that same road myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this week I did spin and Zumba and watched what I ate -- got plenty of sleep and feel so much better--- good luck to you Leigh and thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete