Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Friday, December 21, 2012

This is me after a run. Au Natural (meaning almost no make-up and hair all pulled back), yikes! I chose this picture because  I think it represents me truthfully - wrinkles and all! I want to come back to my blog with a different slant---- Truth! Some of you won't want to read about my true struggles, thoughts, or feelings. I am wanting to lose 55 pounds and I want this to become the focus of this blog. I plan on logging what I eat and how much I exercise and my pounds lost. I have grown spiritually and emotionally over the past few years by leaps and bounds (that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger). I went through a phase where I thought I should give up on being thin and fit! I am 43 and haven't seen the other side of skinny in approx. 20 years!! I have gone up and down with my weight and got close a few times (145 being my lowest weight since having kids), but have never , I repeat NEVER achieved my physical potential since my 20's. I have recently lied to myself and started saying that it doesn't matter if I am thin or not-- because I feel like I am a good person, mother, employee, friend, wife, daughter, sister and this is what should matter------- But believe me ---- it will not go away (the desire to reach my goal of being thin)!!!! This desire stays with me for a reason. This is my; conquering a dragon, dare I say defeating Goliath, finishing a marathon, climbing a mountain!!! I must do this for me! I do not want to get to the end of my life and say "well that was the one thing I could not accomplish" i.e. could not do. I believe it is possible to get to 125 lb.s I know it is. I am putting it all out there and getting real. Go with me on this journey... I believe that logging on and blogging everyday will help me stay motivated. The fact that I haven't blogged since June is awful but this is a fresh beginning! I believe you reading what I am doing/going through will in turn motivate you as well. Please add your your progress in the comments as we go. 

1 comment:

  1. alright you motivated me I am all in. I have more to lose but if you can get to 125 then I can get to 155

    ReplyDelete