Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Body: Zumba!

logo Zumba
Zumba was a lot of fun last Tuesday and Thursday! I am definitely adding it to my fitness regime.
It really works the abdominals! Latin style dancing, shaking, shimmying etc. to such great music is super fun!
ZumbaImage via Wikipedia
A Zumba class can burn 500 to 1000 calories an hour--and so can your average night of dancing. "What makes Zumba such a great workout is that you're constantly moving," says Cherdieu d'Alexis. "It's a cardio workout, but on top of endurance it also improves agility and strengthens your lower body, legs, hips, butt, and thighs, which women love."


Summing it up: Monday- elliptical/treadmill/weights. Tuesday- Spin class/ Zumba class. Thursday- Spin class/Zumba class. Friday- elliptical/treadmill/weights. Saturday- jogging/step routine!
Eating: Remember if I make the choice to consume more than 24 points a day - then I am choosing to NOT lose weight!  Repeat this. I hope to report a loss in weight and also my clothes loosen a little!


Let's go get 'em this week! Try something new like Zumba --- it is soooo good for you!
Commercial elliptical trainer (rear drive version)Image via Wikipedia
Elizabeth Griffin, step-aerobics instructor, m...Image via Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment