Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Monday, January 17, 2011

Mind/Body/Spirit:what Romans 12 means to me;

To teach is to touch a life foreverImage via Wikipedia
Romans 12
I read this scripture, and got a chill when I realized that this chapter speaks to my idea of developing as 3 separate parts = Mind, body, spirit. To me it meant that we are given expectations to be aware of all 3 parts, and above all use them for the betterment of ourselves and God's kingdom.


My thoughts on each part as synthesized from the passage-


body-
Take action! Serve, teach, encourage, give, help, and pray.

mind-
Change your thoughts! We should not think with our egos/human thoughts, but instead we should be using the Word to guide us to the teachings and therefore the thought patterns of the Lord. This is a process that we should work on throughout our life.
Home bible study with the help of a bible teac...Image via Wikipedia

spirit- Allow the Holy Spirit to help you overcome your natural reactions. Allow the Spirit to make you compassionate, humble, merciful, loving, joyful, prayerful, and hopeful even when face to face with enemies.
sunrise in the cityImage by Tattooed JJ via Flickr

These things create peace and harmony.

"when you know better, you do better" - Maya Angelou

Prayer;
Help me do more, so that I can be more for you Dear Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment