Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Monday, January 10, 2011

Mind/Body: Actualization - a closer look:

Black and White BeautyImage by okano via Flickr
Actualization! Take action to make your goals attainable.
After you have figured out (discovered) what you really want then you need a plan of attack.

I have found a few truths to be helpful in making your "wants" a reality:

1. Slow progress and small steps are best for real change. One area for improvement at a time! Obtaining material items can be as simple as getting clear about something you want and actively putting money aside for it, but personal growth is where habits have to be changed - (tough work).
2. It takes approx. 30 days to replace an old habit with a new one. Be ready for setbacks and discipline in the face of difficulties.
3. You reap what you sow! If you continually enrich soil and plant good seeds your eventual reward will be a good crop. Keep going and remain steadfast in your attempts!
4. Set clear plans of action for your specific goals.
5. Be gentle with yourself and enjoy the process of change.
Here is where I bare my soul:

Here are some of my "wants";
Material things- new comforter set for my bedroom, new bed for Jake, a patio put in beside deck in back of my house, big piece of art for above front door, new drapes for living room, lucky jeans (contingent on weight loss), turquoise drop earrings, black (just below the knee)boots. All these items take some saving! One item at a time!

patio furniture shadowImage by limonada via Flickr
Things I would like to learn:
How to get better at refinishing furniture, & a better understanding of the Word through a challenging Bible study.

Physical Health:
Improvement through weight loss. I want to reach my goal weight by the end of June.

Marriage and family:
Attend church and integrate prayer time into meal times, have a "date" night once a month, and build a supportive complimentary environment.
Untitled-5Image by Bitter Jeweler via Flickr
Plans:
A vacation in June @ a Beach house (Jake and Logan able to take a friend each).
Keep a cleaning schedule all year and have it posted for all family members to follow.

These are my goals that I have developed to create a better life for myself. I am clear on what I want and now I can go throughout each day asking the most important question "is what I am doing getting me closer or farther away from what I really want?"

Take action toward your goals today!

Black (and white) BeautyImage by Jon McGovern via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment