Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mind/Spirit: New Artwork










This lovely new metal art piece is now hanging in my living room. I love it!
It makes me smile when I add something I really like to my home and well my life. If you think about it - we create our surroundings and I will agree women "get this" more than men - but I think God created us that way. We are "nest-fluffers" by nature.

It brings me some happiness :-) I think it causes us to use our mental abilities (to figure out what is meaningful to us) and it also causes us to feel filled-up spiritually when home improvement and decorating endeavors are successful.

Here is the thing - be thoughtful and purposeful in your selections.
You are adding this decor to your everyday life.

Now let me tell you about this particular purchase.
 I love metal wall hangings and I wanted something found in nature.
So, I started to research symbols in the natural world and when I found that the Moon is predominately a symbol of femininity and womanhood. I was drawn to that (there is way too much testosterone in my house!) Then when I went on a shopping/discovery trip I found my new addition.
As you noticed there are a lot of stars on the piece so I was hoping that popular symbolism for stars was something good (hahhaha), since I had already purchased it.

Stars generally symbolize adventure, mystery, and excitement!!! Yay!

So when I see this artwork everyday I think "A new woman ready for a day of adventure".

Or I smile and say "Let me live life today as full and dependable as Mrs. Moon does."

Getting inspired to keep a lovely & enjoyable home experience is a trait of a virtuous woman!

From Proverbs 31 v 22 She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
And from  v 27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment