Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Saturday, April 2, 2011

Body: adding free weights

...aonde vocĂȘ for...Image by ...anna christina... via Flickr
I want to share what I have been doing for my work-outs through the week. I have done these work-outs for 10 weeks and I am really seeing a difference since adding the strength training.

Tues. and Thurs. - Cycle (spin) class and Zumba class.
Wed. and Friday and Sun.- elliptical or running plus (with free weights) squats, lunges (front, back and side, bicep curls, shoulder press, and many other arm/chest lifts. End the work-out with plank and more crunches on exercise ball.
Some weeks I skip Sundays work-out.


I have been feeling an allover improvement in muscle tone and I would suggest adding weights to anyone who is not already using them.

I am gonna keep with this routine --- got to get ready to go to the beach in June. I know I will enjoy the vacation a lot more if I feel confident wearing bathing suits and tank tops.

Summer is on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment