Saturday, August 28, 2010
Mind/Spirit: Dignity - We want to maintain it!
Here is my personal deciphering (of Proverbs 31:10-31) of what qualities that we need in order to keep our dignity in tact
How do you stack up?
A virtuous woman:
1. brings only good (and no harm) to her spouse
2. works eagerly
3. is an enterprising person
4. is opposite of a "sluggard" ----NOT LAZY! (oh no)
5. shows good judgement (financially & morally)
6. does her work vigorously
7. possesses the strength to do her work (keeps healthy)
8. knows her worth (confident)
9. helps those in need
10. keeps her family clothed well and appropriately (and herself as well)
11. takes care of her "nest" (makes it a comfortable place to reside)
12. gives wise counsel to family and friends
13. speaks with wisdom
14. avoids idleness
THE REWARDS ARE:
YOU WILL BE FREE OF ANXIETY, WORRY, AND SHAME!
YOU WILL BE ENJOYING HAPPY CIRCUMSTANCES AND PRAISE FROM YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN.
YOU WILL BE PLEASING TO THE LORD!
The rewards are real and like an athlete striving to win the ultimate competition- the necessary training may not be fun (the work and exhibition of selfcontrol may be difficult) but the rewards are well worth it!!!