Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Body: Fish Oil benefits your body!

Fish oil capsImage by Stephen Cummings via Flickr
Fish oil capsules are a part of my everyday routine. I take one with breakfast and dinner. Some days for lunch (if I am home) I take one. Up to 3 a day is what is a suggested dosage.
I had tried to take fish oil before and could not stand the fishy burps that followed. But now they are available in enteric-coated capsules. Same benefits and no awful burps equals a no-brainer: take a multi-vitamin and fish oil everyday.

Here is why: (paraphrased from http://www.extend-life.com/)

for your Heart-
By helping reduce the risk of arrhythmias and sudden death by a heart attack.


for your Brain-
Better brain function through more efficient neurotransmitters leading to improved concentration, memory, and also might decrease the likelihood of depression.


for your Cholesterol level-
By lowering triglycerides and helps balancing your cholesterol.


for Joints and Arthritis-
Better joint function from reduced inflammation and a reduction in pain.


for your skin and beauty-
Improves the health and appearance of your skin, helps keep nails strong, as well as your hair healthy and shiny.


for your Immune system and cancer-
A stronger immune system, proven to be beneficial for the body's immune function, lowered risk of breast and prostate cancer.


for your vision-
Improved focus, colour, perception and clarity of vision.


for your digestive system-
By improving intestinal health and reducing inflammation assisting those with IBS or Crohn's Disease.


for allergies-
It possibly could help people with existing allergies by reducing symptoms.


for Diabetes-
Fish oil enhances insulin secretion from beta cells in the pancreas, regulating blood sugar levels. DHA plays a protective role in diabetic neuropathy in all forms of diabetes.

My Doctor suggested I take fish oil because I have higher cholesterol levels than I should (genetic). I have to say this is such an easy, positive, and healthy change. My numbers went down and I can tell the biggest difference in my digestive health.


Worth a try because it is so hard to eat enough fish to get these benefits! I love it when a small change gives results.

Talk to your doctor, and if they feel like you should add it to your routine then you should definitely try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment