Mind/Body/Spirit

Welcome!

I am hoping this blog inspires a desire in you to be at your physical potential. Losing weight in 2013, and setting up a lifestyle that allows us to keep it that way! I want this blog to allow me to motivate and to be motivated!



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Body: New drink that I am loving!


I am having this concoction twice a day and have been for about 3 days  (2 points for WW) . I am loving it and made it a long time ago and forgot about it until I re-read the following article:

Sip at least 3 cups of green tea every day. Catechins, the antioxidants found in high amounts in green tea, have been shown to be helpful in promoting weight loss, specifically belly fat...
In a study at the USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, participants who drank the equivalent of 3 cups of green tea a day lost twice as much weight as those not drinking tea. The tea-drinking group also lost significantly more belly fat than the non-tea drinkers.
If you like citrus, the news gets better. Replacing some of the tea brewing water with citrus juice, such as lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit, allows your body to use more of the tea's catechins. You can drink your green tea freshly brewed for a warming hot drink, or chill it after brewing for a refreshing cold drink.
Excerpted from Walk Off Weight by Michele Stanten (Rodale, 2010).

I brew approx. 6 green tea bags with about 8 cups of water - let it steep for a while and then in a pitcher with some ice I add the tea and about 8 cups Orange Juice! I have even added a little Splenda! This is so good in the summer time. However you mix it up it is best to use equal parts of  tea to OJ. Pour over ice -- Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment